Did you know that the usual massage treatments can strengthen your immune system and, as a consequence, cause you to be healthier and less prone to suffer ailments and diseases? Did you also know that by getting regular massages you can significantly reduce your stress and anxiety levels, as well as avoid depression?
Some people believe that massages are inevitably linked to the relief of stress, to the treatment of pain or to a personal taste that one wants to give. In these cases, unfortunately, people underestimate the extent of the benefits of massage. The fact that the massage brandon fl feels like a mime does not mean that it is, therefore, less therapeutic.
The Power of Contact
Massage is one of the universal healing techniques and has been considered a constituent element of traditional healing systems for thousands and thousands of years. Taking into account that human beings respond positively to contact, massage valrico fl is an important technique to awaken our internal pharmacy.
When you feel relaxed, comfortable or strengthened during a massage it means that your body is increasing its production of natural relaxing, pain relieving or energizing chemicals. Also, to feel good, habitual massages and loving touch detoxify body tissues, improve immune functions, stimulate circulation, and calm the mind. The benefits of massages are evident instantaneously.
In recent times, a considerable amount of research has appeared regarding the effects of touch. Among the benefits of massage, there is the relief of chronic pain, the prevention of neurological problems, the reduction of fatigue, the reduction of insomnia and the relief of the stresses that the lifestyle we carry today. In the case of premature babies, it can help them gain weight quickly and in the case of air traffic controllers, it can help them lower their blood pressure.
Discoveries as a result of research
It has been confirmed that massage produces the release of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) when you massage another person. VIP is one of the most potent vasodilators known to medical science. In addition, it can increase blood circulation to the heart, which means that massage is also a very powerful tool to treat cardiovascular problems. Therefore, the medical community actively accepts physical work and massage is becoming an integral part of medical care.
The benefits of massages are also quantifiable in babies. Studies showed that premature babies who received caresses increased 45% more weight per day. The caress practiced on a baby causes the secretion of growth hormones or anabolic hormones. Because growth hormones in small doses also help to reverse the effects of aging, when you practice a massage on someone you can decrease their biological age.
Practically, all massages including activated isolated stretching that provoke feelings of relaxation and comfort provide benefits for the mind and body and help considerably to maintain the health of the body, mind, and soul. Here are some of the many benefits of massage therapy:
Benefits of Massages in the mind
- They reduce stress and anxiety.
- Increase focus and concentration.
- Improve the quality of sleep.
- They reduce depression.
- They reduce dependence on the remedies.
- They relieve migraine pain.
- They reduce fatigue.
- Increase mental clarity
Benefits of body massages
- They improve immunity by stimulating the lymphatic flow: the natural defense system of the body. This means that you will be less prone to diseases.
- They release endorphins: they are amino acids that work as the body’s natural analgesic.
- They lower blood pressure.
- They relieve lumbar pain and improve range of motion.
- They serve to reduce and facilitate the labor of pregnant women and reduce the time of hospitalization of the mother.
- They exercise and lengthen weakly, stressed or atrophied muscles.
- They improve the state of the largest organ of the body: the skin.
- Increase the flexibility of the joints.
- They facilitate the regeneration of tissues and reduce the scars of tissues and stretch marks.
- They pump oxygen and nutrients to vital tissues and organs, improving circulation.
- They reduce postoperative adhesion and swelling.
- They reduce spasms and cramps.
- They relax and soften the injured, fatigued and overused muscles.
- Improve circulation.